Subscribe Today

Storing question

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Storing question

Postby CatmanZR800 » January 18th, 2002, 12:52 am

Do you guys/gals have your sled sit with a cover on or off, when it's in a non-heated shed or garage? I mean, like now when you're not riding. Not talking about the summer months.

There's a guy at work here that leaves his cover off because he said his cover will stick to the sled from the cold, and he's worried about the finish on his hood. He's a Ski-doo boy so maybe that's the problem. LOL!

I leave my covers on just to keep the dust off my machines. Really haven't had a sticking problem yet.

Yeah, I know....what a stupid question.
WARNING! Cats are meat eaters!
CatmanZR800

Storing question

Postby straycat » January 18th, 2002, 12:54 am

My sleds are stored outside. I cover them and have never had a "sticking" problem. Maybe its because I take care of my stuff and wax them every now and then. Just a thought.
Till the speed overcomes the fear of death!

Long live the cat!
straycat

Storing question

Postby ArcticEd » January 18th, 2002, 1:51 am

Catman, if your buddy's sled is that sticky, then he's obviously spent too much time in the garage fantasizing about riding, and not enough time REALLY RIDING...........LOL
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

Storing question

Postby 96Vmax » January 18th, 2002, 2:04 am

The cold makes it stick? Then why haul the sleds on the trailer with the covers if it's gonna be cold might make them stick to the sleds. So should we all haul with the covers off our sleds? Doesn t sound right boys.
the RIDES
'01 Venture
'96 Vmax XT
'82 440SS
96Vmax

Storing question

Postby wilson » January 18th, 2002, 2:59 am

CatmanZR800, it sounds like he has a really cheap cover. I also wax mine about 4-5 times a year, and after ridding , if I am putting it in the garage and know I won't be out on it for a couple days, I will wipe it down.
wilson

Return to Trash Talkers