Subscribe Today

Moss Jersey got dissed

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby MM700 » March 16th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Ice Racer I never said that...I said he was a punk, and jerk...but I have never said anything negative about him talent wise..I even admitted he was a Packer Killer..no other reciever in nfl history caught as many touchdowns or total yards against one team in that short of a time span...I don't like him...but he was good...Your mistaken if you think that him leaving doesn't hurt the vikings...their biggest threat is now Culpepper..which means teams will be keying on him, by bringing safeties and linebackers up to the line to spy...they couldn't do that with moss out there...it would leave him one on one with a corner, a situation the vikes loved to be in....I don't see where teh Vikings have improved themselves in the off season so far...Fred Smoot has talent and is fast, but he is injury prone, and the linebacker they got in the Moss trade is washed up...Sharper is a great safety, but he has lost a step, and is nowhere near the player he was 3 years ago..So Queenie fans how have they improved??? ..Just don't see it....I don't see them or Green Bay making the playoffs next year...both teams have lost talent, and IMO, didn't replace those players with superbowl caliber talent. Both teams will score points..but both teams will probably be at the bottom of the league in team defense...and neither team is good enough to beat either Atlanta or the Eagles..hell..they will both struggle with Detroit and Chicago.
MM700

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby FiredUpRupp » March 16th, 2005, 2:17 pm

LOL! We got a new safety. He gave his heart and soul for the Pack. Now he will bleed purple and eat cheese.

Burelson is the man. He might catch 120 balls this year. 1500 yards is achievable. Also look for Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards to be in Viking purple next year. If they don't get one of those guys it is because they have a deal for Bolden in AZ. Than we take a back like Brown or Williams.

Pat Williams is the bug nose tackle we have been needing. He eats space, stops the run and frees up Kevin Williams. KW will be the best interior lineman in the NFL this year. Mark my words.

We are going to Detroit to win the Bowl this year while Brett chokes it up and wishes he would have stayed home drank beer on his porch, popped some vicodin, and stared at Chumuras scrapbook!.
FiredUpRupp

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby Polaris_03 » March 16th, 2005, 2:19 pm

MM700 has a good point. Neither the Pack or the Vikes look great. Offenses look great but the defences look horrible. The Bears and Lions are on the rise and are young. The Pack is getting old and the Vikes have ego problems. I still think that the Vikes and the Pack will take the divison and wild card with a 10-6 or better record. Teams on the down part of talent on one side of the ball can still win. Look at the Rams in the late 90's and the Chiefs of a few years ago. It can be done but it is hard to go all the way when your defenses look like a bunch of scared retards running around in wheelchairs after they saw themselves in the mirror. We will see what happens this year. It should be a ride and should foreshadow the next few years in the central divison.
1970 Polaris Charger-restored
1974 Polaris TX 440-oval racer
1975 Polaris TX 340-trail sled
1975 Polaris TX 250-ditch runner
1977 Polaris Colt 340-Rough but runs
1983 Polaris Sport 440-direct drive
1987 Polaris Indy Sport-My "Newer"sled
Always looking for TX's-complete or parts
Polaris_03

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby MM700 » March 16th, 2005, 2:49 pm

FUR....Sharper plays hard...I always liked him..except he can be cocky...which should fit right in with the vikes..he's still a good player...but is declining in skills, and he's on the downside of his career....he was at his best 3 years ago...he has lost a step, a couldn't cover moss....and neither he nor smoot can cover walker or driver....I'll stick by what i said....I think you vikings fans are being way too confident...again I don't see any drastic improvement on the vikings that make them better...they got a couple of players that are past teh twilight of their career (Sharper and Harris), and an injury prone player (Smoot) that's used to playing on grass.
Burleson is good...be he's no Moss..heck he isn't a Walker or a Driver either...in fact on most teams, he'd be a third reciever.
You Vikes fans are so cocky...it must really suck to live in Minnesota as a vikings fan come December...lol
MM700

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby Uller God » March 17th, 2005, 4:00 am

[quote]LOL! We got a new safety. He gave his heart and soul for the Pack. Now he will bleed purple and eat cheese.

Burelson is the man. He might catch 120 balls this year. 1500 yards is achievable. Also look for Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards to be in Viking purple next year. If they don't get one of those guys it is because they have a deal for Bolden in AZ. Than we take a back like Brown or Williams.

Pat Williams is the bug nose tackle we have been needing. He eats space, stops the run and frees up Kevin Williams. KW will be the best interior lineman in the NFL this year. Mark my words.

We are going to Detroit to win the Bowl this year while Brett chokes it up and wishes he would have stayed home drank beer on his porch, popped some vicodin, and stared at Chumuras scrapbook!.[/quote]

Well said Ruppster!
Uller God

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby Polaris_03 » March 17th, 2005, 5:18 am

We will see Uller. Both the Pack and Vikes seasons look tough on paper. If the Vikes get all their new players on the same page then they may have a chance.
1970 Polaris Charger-restored
1974 Polaris TX 440-oval racer
1975 Polaris TX 340-trail sled
1975 Polaris TX 250-ditch runner
1977 Polaris Colt 340-Rough but runs
1983 Polaris Sport 440-direct drive
1987 Polaris Indy Sport-My "Newer"sled
Always looking for TX's-complete or parts
Polaris_03

Moss Jersey got dissed

Postby FiredUpRupp » March 17th, 2005, 7:17 am

[quote] FUR....Sharper plays hard...I always liked him..except he can be cocky...which should fit right in with the vikes..he's still a good player...but is declining in skills, and he's on the downside of his career....he was at his best 3 years ago...he has lost a step, a couldn't cover moss....and neither he nor smoot can cover walker or driver....I'll stick by what i said....I think you vikings fans are being way too confident...again I don't see any drastic improvement on the vikings that make them better...they got a couple of players that are past teh twilight of their career (Sharper and Harris), and an injury prone player (Smoot) that's used to playing on grass.
Burleson is good...be he's no Moss..heck he isn't a Walker or a Driver either...in fact on most teams, he'd be a third reciever.
You Vikes fans are so cocky...it must really suck to live in Minnesota as a vikings fan come December...lol [/quote]

WOW! I will break it down from the top. Sharper may not be the best safety in the league but he is top 7. There is not a safety in the league that can cover Moss. Not one. Napolean Harris is 26 years old and played 3 years in the league, He ain't in the twilight of his career. Smoot has missed 1 game a year in each of his 4 years in the league. Hardly injury prone and the new turf plays like grass so that is no problem. You obviously don't know anything about KB because he was an animal last year and is every bit as good as Walker was at that point in his career and is better than DD. I will bet you a beer or soda that KB's stats will be better than Walkers. Read around. All the NFL folks that are in the know openly stated that KB is gonna be a superb #1 WR for the Vikes. He would be #3 on no team. Destination Detroit, and it started with the signing of Pat Williams. Skol Vikes!
FiredUpRupp

Previous

Return to Trash Talkers