Subscribe Today

Doo's REV!

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Doo's REV!

Postby SLEDHEADRED » August 2nd, 2002, 11:18 pm

I have doing some research, and this is what I found about the REV.
#1-Test riders state the sled gets confused when doing high speed cornering. The area where the front suspension fell seriously short was in high speed sweepers, causing a short push, when neither runner is in charge. the nose seems to get momentairly confused when the weight shifts from one runner to the other.
#2-Unless you are in great shape and VERY limber, riding this new designed machine will take some time to get used too.
After test riders rode for periods of time, there knee's and legs would get tired, then the rider tends to look for a different riding postions, which there arent any.
So if you are riding groomed trails, this sled will be uncomfortable. But they say it does eat up the nasties.
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Doo's REV!

Postby 1FASTSLED » August 3rd, 2002, 2:27 am

All sleds are set up and built for diff. riding styles. I feel bad for the folks who bought the F5, F7, or the REV, and ride groomed speed trails. If those are the trails you ride, don't get a sno-X sled, buy a TRAIL sled(more comfort, CHEAPER). I'm seriously no trying to tell anyone what to do, but buy a sled that will work best for the style. If your a steep and deep rider, your not gonna go out and buy a Pro-X 440 are ya? No, your gonna buy what works for you the best, your riding style.
Hold Wide Open
Till You See God
Then Brake.
1FASTSLED

Doo's REV!

Postby SkidooWes » August 3rd, 2002, 4:04 am

Haha... the mag is pretty funny! To me this proves what you get from some of the mags. They want to say something bad (so they can say that they don't just say good stuff and are fake) so they say crap like confused. Confused??? I think I know who is confused. How can a snowmobile be confused? ANY other word that could actually have applied could have been used. ie.. unstable. Lack of understanding/knowledge if you ask me. Confused?? I had to re-read it to make sure I wasnt seeing things... (still smiling about it). How about in the same mag where they comment about the sled controls. They mention how the controls (warmers, etc) were "backward" on the Firecat as they were on the throttle side and they even mention that an Articcat rep or something admited that "they dropped the ball" by putting it on that side... no big deal IMO. Then you read about the REV... the comment is very positive about the layout of its control pod. Then... when you read the points rating chart where they compared the sleds, they gave the FC top marks in the controls section. b***h about the Firecat, praise the REV, give Firecat a high rating. Makes no sense at all!

If you are buying a machine that was made for one type of riding and you don't ride like that, then thats a problem. The REV was not designed as a trail cruiser as its primary function.

I don't understand why would have to be VERY LIMBER to ride the machine? Maybe have to have a bit less gut in the way so you can bend forward more? You move less on a REV than on a conventional sled... that would mean the opposite of limberness? If anything, you might get cramped on it. That I think would be easily solved by standing up to streach your legs. I know I get sore at the beginning of a season when I ride my sled... it will just take some conditioning for your legs to get used to it.

*This Message was edited on 03-Aug-02 09:06 AM by SkidooWes*
SkidooWes

Doo's REV!

Postby M10rules » August 3rd, 2002, 4:04 am

Weren't the SkiDoo guys saying how great the magazines were last year, and now they are saying that they are a bunch of liars and don't know what they are talking about. LMAO
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

Doo's REV!

Postby SkidooWes » August 3rd, 2002, 4:19 am

DOH!
SkidooWes

Doo's REV!

Postby SLEDHEADRED » August 3rd, 2002, 8:09 am

Wes, that is exactly why you need to be limber, so you dont cramp up-DOH!!!!!
JOIN A CLUB
SLEDHEADRED

Doo's REV!

Postby ski-doo-4-me » August 3rd, 2002, 8:19 am

BULLSH1T!! I rode a REV 17 miles through high speed staightaways and curves. The sled was the easiest sled to control and ride I have ever ridden.
kill the weatherman!!
ski-doo-4-me

Doo's REV!

Postby SLEDHEADRED » August 3rd, 2002, 9:43 am

17 MILES oh well then........I guess you would know better than the guys who rode it ALL day!!
All I gotta say is, at the end of a 200 mile ride, how will you feel then......
JOIN A CLUB
SLEDHEADRED

Doo's REV!

Postby tcat2 » August 3rd, 2002, 10:12 am

Oh Yea .... 17 Miles ... wow ... A real expert. I was fortunate to been able to ride the REV 600 for about half an hour (Maybe 20 miles) myself. Tremendous when in the big bumps, Squirly in the corners (Probably due to lack of experience with the sled) and the ride back across the lake was strange. You are hanging out in the wind, and nowhere to hide. The windscreen is useless.

If I was gojng to ride bumps for an hour or two, I would seriously consider one, but for those 100+ mile days ... no way.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Doo's REV!

Postby ChrisXCR » August 3rd, 2002, 2:18 pm

I think Tcat2 hit it right on the head and didn't really mean to when he said, "Probably due to lack of experience with the sled". No one is gonna completely master that new riding style in the first couple days. Put any sled in those conditions and have the rider be in the wrong position and any sled will feel confused. Its gonna take some time to re-learn how to snowmobile for the new REV owners.

With that said, I cannot agree more with whoever said to get the right sled for the type of riding you due. I'm sure there will be guys that bought ProX's who never get out in front of a groomer to ride bumps, but they had to have the top of the line sled, who will complain about those sleds. How stiff they are and how twitchy and they dart etc. It is a really good thing that the manu's make a good mix of sleds for different types of riders. Its just important for the buyers to be educated about what they are buying. Nothing irritates me more than hearing someone complain about how "stiff" an MXZx 6,7 or 800, ZRcce or even a Viper is. If your cant see the benifits to a stiff sled than your should've bought a softer sled. Its not Cat, Doo, Pol or Yammi's fault that you bought the wrong sled for you!
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Next

Return to Trash Talkers