Subscribe Today

Boo Hoo Hoo..... Racings not fair.....

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby maxiracer » November 19th, 2002, 12:15 am

Oh boo hoo hoo, the rules of racing isn't fair...we don't want to play no more!!! We gonna look into other venues... As a fan of racing, all I can say to Yamaha is "Whah, whah whah... my p***y hurts.." So what if racing doesn't sell sleds, it does improve the breed!! Whacker, would your beloved RX-1 have five valves per head if it wasn't for early 80's superbike racing? Drifter, would your Viper have long travel suspension if it wasn't for snowcross? and BanditsSRX would you even have a liquid cooled SRX if it weren't for the 76 SRX production race sled? The answers to these simple questions is a emphatic NO!! IMHO racing helps to improve the consumer sled, or to build a better platform for the future. Yamaha is taking the route of now-defunct sled mfgs, scorpion,skiroule, kawasaki, rupp the list can go on and on. When mfgs lose the iniative to compete, they become stagnant, and then the decision to discontinue production becomes very easy. Am I wrong, I might be, and for sledding sake I hope I am, but history has a way of repeating itself. I'm not sure I'd plan on buying a 2007 model Yamaha, it might not be there.

*This Message was edited on 19-Nov-02 05:46 AM by Powersports*
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby slick_jimmyb » November 19th, 2002, 12:25 am

You do have a good point there.
REV-ROX
slick_jimmyb

Postby NorthernSkunk » November 19th, 2002, 12:25 am

It is sad. Will this affect the iron-Dog teams or are they private teams?
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby SlapNuts » November 19th, 2002, 12:26 am

Baa!

Baa!

Baa!

Once a sheep, alway's a sheep.
SlapNuts

Postby BANDITS SRX » November 19th, 2002, 12:27 am

maxiracer, you are wrong. The 5-valve engine come out then they race the back. L/C was around before the SRX, you don't need to race to build a L/C engine. what about MERCURY!!!!!!!! They were on top of the racing world and said no more. Racing is a SPORT and I like to watch IT.For most companys racing is a market tool not a product tool. I think everyone will be buying GP today because TS #20 would the NASCAR championship. LOL
BANDITS SRX

Postby drifter7 » November 19th, 2002, 12:36 am

Typical racer post. FYI, Yamaha came out with long travel in 1996, a year before entering slowcross. M10 has had long travel and never even thought about snowcross. Your ignorant enough to beleive that snowcross is "the" venue that manufacturers bleed by. You give none of the manufacturers credit for R&D in the real world of sledding. You live in a fantasy slowcross world of thinking that there was nothing before it. Yamaha is just dropping the factory slowcross effort, not getting out of racing. Take off the blinders Maxi and look at the big picture. Your forgetting a ton of other racing venvues in which alot of teams contribute to our sport and advancements in the industry. Oh, and by the way, I'm really sorry to hear about your pussy...:)

*This Message was edited on 19-Nov-02 05:52 AM by drifter7*
drifter7

Postby NorthernSkunk » November 19th, 2002, 12:38 am

Bandit with the line ups that the sled comapnies have developed over the years mxz's, zr's, xcr's, and now rev's, f-cats, and the edges wouldn't you say that racing has been a little more than a marketing tool for selling sleds? Many developments were made during the x-country racing days that worked extremely well and are even found on the touring sleds of today.I think less will be developed for the average sledder through slo-x but they will still sell a ton of sleds.

Yamaha is becoming the mini-van of sledding.

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby maxiracer » November 19th, 2002, 12:45 am

Bandit, mercury died because outside of the twister, their sleds sucked. 1972-74 techonolgy wouldn't sell in 1976. Mercury failed to build sleds that would sell, they didn't improve what they learned from racing. Yes, the liquid cooled motor existed in Yamahas before 1976. The sno-pro sleds of 74, the PDC sleds of 75. But didn't the biggest selling Yamaha sled of that era, the Exciter, come directly from the GPX based chassis?
As for the 5-valve motor? Why was only a limited number of FZ 750's availible? It was built to end the domiance of Hondas V4 Intercepter in superbike racing, not to be a road bike for the non-racing masses. As for nascar stock car racing, where did the 350 chevy come from? Or the Hemi or the 351 Cleveland? All designed for racing!! No, the new grand prix shares nothing with Tony's car, outside of the hood and trunk panels. Auto racing evoled into specialized race chassis. But in snowmobiles, racing still offers product development, chassis wise and clutching wise anyway. If you've been around the sport long enough to see the evolution from leaf springs to ifs to a-arms, you have to admit racing brought about these advancements.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby ATV News moderator » November 19th, 2002, 12:46 am

Maxi,

Some good points here. For clarification, Yamaha isn't quitting racing, they are just not going to have a "Factory" team. It's will be similar to the way that Ski-Doo is developing their race efforts through their "Superteams". The question of course, is whether they will develop new - and more competitive - equipment.

Blake

*This Message was edited on 19-Nov-02 05:47 AM by Powersports*
ATV News moderator

Postby NorthernSkunk » November 19th, 2002, 12:55 am

"Yamaha isn't quitting racing, they are just not going to have a factory team"

That sounds like quitting to me Blake. They are quitting and are gonna let somebody else try to run their sleds.

*This Message was edited on 19-Nov-02 05:57 AM by NorthernSkunk*

NorthernSkunk

Next

Return to Trash Talkers