Subscribe Today

Newberry Area

Use this board to post trail reports in your area only!

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » November 28th, 2002, 9:26 pm

They are calling for up to a foot of snow inland and 2-4 towards the lake, for tonight and on Saturday, if this happens will give you update in the morning.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » November 29th, 2002, 9:04 pm

We have gotten about 3-4 in of fresh snow over night, and it is snowing & blowing out now, it is about 20 degress out and is not going to get much warmer. They are calling for heavy snow on thrue Sunday, I know there are people riding 25 miles north of town Yesterday with up to a foot, Out around Winter Haven Motel. Will give you update later in the day.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » November 30th, 2002, 12:03 pm

We have gotten anywhere from 4in to a foot of new snow, If you are looking for the 12in head towards Winter Haven Motel which is out towards Pine Stump, 25 miles north west of town.
It is not snowing right now but we are still under a winter storm warning until Sunday.
Happy trails and be safe.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby SLEDHEADRED » November 30th, 2002, 12:28 pm

Newberry cops suck and are real a*****es, beware if riding thru there, they make up things like speeding.
Cop told me-there aint no point in fighting it, you will lose, just pay the fine and be done with it.

This cop was parked across from Motel, saw me and my bud ride in, came driving up, said I got a isuue with you boys, caught u speeding thru town. Need your license and Registration. Then we got tickets.

NEWBERRY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Newberry Area

Postby BLADEGUY » November 30th, 2002, 3:08 pm

Thanks Elanman! Sounds great!
I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.
BLADEGUY

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » December 1st, 2002, 5:54 am

Lots of snow to ride on north of town, You will not beable to ride from the trail head just north of the tracks until the 15th, because of some private property, And he will still be deer hunting, but other that that there are a few sleds around and it looks like there having some fun. will let you know when the gromers get out to start and freeze the trail down a little better.
Sorry about your problem with the local cops SLEDHEADRED, as i guess if you were doing something wrong that is why they gave you a ticket ? but if I'm not doing nothing wrong and i get a ticket i pled not guilty. I do know they watch the speed and the time's that the sleds come thrue town. Some of the local state boys are D*** Heads if you know what i mean.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » December 2nd, 2002, 9:46 am

Nothing new to report in the Newberry area as far as any more snow, Other that it's colder that a b***h, I had 13 below this morning, and is going down again tonight around the Zero mark, Will let you know when we get some more snow, And will give you a number to call for curent updates as well, as they are about 25 miles north of town.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » December 4th, 2002, 2:30 pm

Here is current update for snow condtions for the Newberry area, and a toll free number for up to date condtions as well , the number is from the hours of 9:00 am to 7:00 pm only please. 1-877-546-3901. This report is right from Winter Haven Motel & Pine Stump Jct. Sled Rentals. Ride right from your door. We have any where from 12 in to 2 1/5 ft of snow on the ground, we got about 4 in over the last day, they are calling for flurries right along. As we get lots of lake effect here where we are at. the temps have been very cold at night also down around the zero mark. The grommers are not running yet because of the private property, and will not do so until the 15 th, if this changes will let you know. But there are lots of roads and lot's of trails out north of town where we are at. Will give you an update later, If you are smart you will ride smart, Happy Trails.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » December 8th, 2002, 12:55 am

As we were unable to go to the races at Searchmount because of the fresh snow we have gotten over night, I did take a ride North of Newberry up towards Winter Haven, and they have up to a foot of new snow in spots, With most of it fresh powder, Oh what fun. The Groomers were out as well in the past 24 hrs. but there is still that private propert just north of town, So you will have to trailer out past them to Three mile Road, or out to the end of Skyline.
elanman

Newberry Area

Postby elanman » December 12th, 2002, 1:30 pm

Sorry about not posting any reports in the past couple of days, As we had some problems with the computer. Well the weather has warmed up in the past couple of days, and it is about 34 out now and a little light rain, they are calling for a little cooler temps, let's hope so any way.
There is plenty of snow to the North of town, and very little as you head south towards Curtis.
I would head north of town for sure will give you another update in the morning.
elanman

Next

Return to Trail Conditions