Subscribe Today

If it weren't for Dennis Eckstrom?

Want to discuss racing? Race setups? Which kind of racing is best? This is the race place!

Postby Basic Bob » January 7th, 2003, 2:42 am

Just a quick question for all you early season "Polaris' WSA domination" nuts. What would Polaris Racing?? be without Eckstrom. What a joke again this season. Take away DJ's finishes and Polo is barely in the Top 10. What happened?
Basic Bob

Postby SnowBunny85 » January 7th, 2003, 6:18 am

Hey there!!

I couldn't agree with you more!
The alliance between the Scheuring race team and Polaris over the summer was big news, but they also lost some of their young up and coming talent. Take for example Mike Island. I am a little biased because we are friends but he's back on a skidoo (and loving it by the way) and just won the Pro Stock class in Deadwood on the weekend. Plus, they let Noel Kohanski, the person who helped Polaris snowcross racing be where it is today (he had a lot of input into the machines) and he has also sided with Warnert Racing. Either racers are beginning to realize that Skidoo is the way of the future or Polaris just doesn't have deep enough pockets.
However, I do believe that when Kurtis Crapo comes back from his injury he will be a factor and with Saun healthy again he may also make a comeback everyone will remember!
Lindsay
SnowBunny85

Postby Basic Bob » January 7th, 2003, 7:57 am

Polaris won't win a WSA National Pro Stock or Pro Open final all season. Blair and Tucker could crash on the first corner and not be able to finish the race and Polo still won't win a final. Bad race sled, bad race program. They always have what Doo and Cat had the previous year. Did they actually think the REV style seat and 1999 ZR technology would make a difference? Watch out for the red holeshot button. LOL.
Basic Bob

Postby polarisrules81 » January 7th, 2003, 8:02 am

*This Message was edited on 07-Feb-03 10:50 AM by polarisrules81*
polarisrules81

Postby polarisrules81 » January 7th, 2003, 8:03 am

*This Message was edited on 07-Feb-03 10:46 AM by polarisrules81*
polarisrules81

Postby Racer_Triple_X » January 7th, 2003, 9:46 am

Bob,
I am a Cat rider 100% and I agree that they take what was good form Cat and Doo and slap it on there sled.. But if it wasn't for Polaris or any other brand out there it would get sicking watching the same 2 kinds of sleds go around the track. Just like if they only made Doo... 3 sleds are better to watch then 2 and 2 is better then 1. Even tho they don't finish well still an added "thing" to work around. And just be happy the Polaris rides don't ride Cat.
LATER SLEADHEADERZ
Racer_Triple_X

Postby cementhead » January 7th, 2003, 10:43 am

without Morgan, Skidoo would have had 2 on the podium in Deadwood. When one brand just swept the podium at a national, it is kind of hard to say "where would they be without Morgan", isn't it?

Cementhead
Shut up and Race!!!
cementhead

Postby Polaris Sno-cross » January 7th, 2003, 11:06 am

Shaun Crapo was on top of the Pro Stock points after Duluth if it wasn't for his injury I am sure he would still be on top of Pro Stock points. Other than Blair Morgan winning last year the only other ones to take top podium finish was Tate and Eckstrom. From what I heard there would be no A-arms on Ski-Doo if it wasn't for Morgan. Last year Cat only had one racer in the Top 10 in season points in both Pro Stock and Pro Open. You can't determine the whole season with only 3 races.
Polaris Sno-cross

Postby Sid440 » January 7th, 2003, 11:37 am

It's kind of hard to justify your opinion when your data is soooooooo incorrect.
Tomi Ahmasalo won last year (Doo). Todd Wolff won last year (also Doo.) Doo your homework.
Oh yeah, gotta love the Propaganda. Give Polaris credit for having the balls to put an ad in Snowweek bragging about A PODIUM. Didja see it? ". . . two national races . . . two podium finishes. . " All I can say is WOW!
Sid440

Postby polarisrules81 » January 7th, 2003, 1:02 pm

*This Message was edited on 07-Feb-03 10:47 AM by polarisrules81*
polarisrules81

Next

Return to General Racing Board