Subscribe Today

Mainecat or Snoballz did you see this ????

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 7th, 2003, 6:32 am

CARIBOU - A man from Worcester, Mass., faces charges of operating to endanger and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of intoxicants after a Friday afternoon snowmobile accident.Alex Panarelli, 51, suffered minor leg injuries in the 3 p.m. accident, his second within 24 hours. He was treated at Cary Medical Center at Caribou and released.

Panarelli, according to Game Warden Edward Christie, had missed a turn off ITS 83 just before the accident. After missing the turnoff, Panarelli went along a water controlling berm when he tipped the sled over against a fence post.

In the process, Christie said, Panarelli blocked off the snowmobile trail, creating a dangerous situation.

Panarelli caused about $2,000 damage to the snowmobile rented from the Presque Isle Sled Shop.

The previous night, Christie said, Panarelli crashed another rented sled, causing about $2,500 damage to that snowmobile. No charges are pending as a result of that accident and Panarelli was uninjured.

Christie did not say whether the two snowmobiles were rented from the same dealer. It could not be determined whether Panarelli will have to pay for the damage to the sleds.

Christie said the operating while under the influence charge is pending the results of Intoxilyzer testing done by game wardens.

[b]This sort of chit is soo AARRRRGHHHHH

I was wondering if Mainecat or Snoballz heard of this???
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Postby Mainecat » January 7th, 2003, 6:45 am

Freeze we call em POSWAAL's here. (piece of s**t with arms and legs). If he is OUI he loses his license in Mass automatically (if he has one) The sad part someone he knows let him get on a sled those are the people that scare me. ZERO FRIKKIN TOLERANCE
Mainecat

Postby maxiracer » January 7th, 2003, 7:21 am

That's the sad part about sledding....anybody can drive one!! I've really nothing against sled rentals, but man, we get some real morons who wouldn't be out there if it wasn't for rentals!
No offense to anybody who rents a sled and enjoys sledding for the first time or doesn't want to trailer their sled for thousands of miles. Just the ignorant, 3 brain cell with 2 contolling their bladder, morons who will kill our sport way before the Eco-Nazis can!
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Postby Rotax700x » January 7th, 2003, 8:07 am

Well said Max.
[b]02 Honda 400EX
01 Ski-doo MXZx 700
93 Honda CBR 1000F[/b]
Rotax700x

Postby deadsled » January 7th, 2003, 8:12 am

why is it, that if someone jumps off a high rise building, high rise buildings don't make the news. No one blames the high rise building making industry for the stupidity of one person, but as soon as a snowmobiler gets himself killed, people say ooh, snowmobiling is dangerous, lets make laws limiting who can drive, when, and where. manditory training courses.

When will we see manditory safety courses for people who have access to high rise buildings and bridges.

While we are at it, speed limits for pedestrians. one of those got killed here recently.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby FastFirecat » January 7th, 2003, 8:39 am

i heard about that...
03 KFX(little mods)
03 F7(heavily modded)
01 Snopro Open Mod
FastFirecat

Postby County Cat » January 7th, 2003, 8:52 am

Hey Freeze, I did hear about the accident Friday up here, since this is my back yard. Also, some poor soul going to fast Saturday did himself in up here. It is the 4 th fatality in Maine this year and it's only January 7. 9 inch poplar trees don't have much give this time of year, excessive speed and all the other things associated with it, got this poor chap a trip to the morgue. What a very sad commentary on this truly special sport.
County Cat

Postby Mainecat » January 7th, 2003, 8:56 am

Just heard on the news 4 sledders went into Keezar Lake in Maine 2 died, 2 were rescued.
Thats 6 so far. Keezar Lake is in Lovell, Maine. Steven King lives in Lovell.
Mainecat

Postby County Cat » January 7th, 2003, 9:01 am

It's me again, Read an article in Bangor Daily News here that will most probably upset some people and please others at the same time. Please go to bangornews.com and click on the article about the Fort Kent police using radar guns to control traffic up here. I've ridden these trails many times and it is in a residential area, so I can see their concern. It is a multi-use trail, sled dogs, cross country skiers' etc. Traffic flows much to fast. Unfortunatley you'll have to go through a short process to get to the article but it is worth reading. Happy sledding!!
County Cat

Postby County Cat » January 7th, 2003, 9:08 am

Hi Mainecat! I too just heard about the tragedy down in Kezar Falls. It hasn't been cold enough yet to get some real good ice on the lakes and rivers yet. Still some open water in some spots up here in "The County" Refering to your post earlier, here in Maine if you get caught OUI on your snowmobile, it is the same as OUI in your automobile. First offense: 90 day license suspension ,48 hours in the crowbar motel and a fine that can start at $350 , points off your license for 3 years, increase in insurance premiums etc etc...
County Cat

Next

Return to Trash Talkers