Subscribe Today

What about those RX 1's

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

What about those RX 1's

Postby Cat kid » January 8th, 2003, 8:55 am

Have any of you riden them on trails yet? Are they a fly'en brick or not. I saw some on the trail and they wern't as loud as I thought they would be. I think they still need to loose some wieght and Yami should figure out how to build a rear suspention. I don't care about lakes, trail sled or no.

Either way I'm still waiting for the F5 EFI!!
[green]Long live the T-Train!!!!![/green]
[green]He is gone, but not forgotten[/green]

[red]Just think, somewhere out there, it's snowing right now!!!!![/red]

[blue] I may not be a member, but I am still a proud FFA[blue]
Cat kid

What about those RX 1's

Postby ridgerunner1 » January 8th, 2003, 2:24 pm

I have 3 friends who all bought RX1's this year. I have had a chance to do a fair amount of riding on them. They are smooth and fast, but not out of the hole. The rear skid is stiff. I hated it in the bumps. There is an inside ski lift problem. You feel the wieght in the real rough stuff. Great on gas though, around 15mpg. My 02 XCSP 800 Edge killed them out of the hole. Could not come close to me in the trails. I do have one major issue, the RX1s leave a HUGE rut. Do not follow these over weight lake sleds.
ridgerunner1

What about those RX 1's

Postby nocatlikesnocat » January 8th, 2003, 3:26 pm

Where is there a spot for your spare gloves? Besides the airbox. And where can you put the jack? Or shovel? Like the powerband, though. Like driving a diesel.
nocatlikesnocat

What about those RX 1's

Postby treewhacker » January 9th, 2003, 1:34 am

Nocatlikesnocat
Hey guy, I'm just west and North of you. Do you ever ride HooDoo or Surveyor, If you ever want to try it E-mail me. Great riding. I live in Kalispell, but do most of my riding down there. Usually 2 to 3 wekends a month.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

What about those RX 1's

Postby zrcat » January 9th, 2003, 2:26 am

15 mpg? thats good for a 4-stroke? NOT, Christ, my friends ZR900 is getting that.
zrcat

What about those RX 1's

Postby ledsled » January 9th, 2003, 4:17 pm

your are right, it does handle like a diesel. Did you notice the seat doesn't have any padding on the back and it sends your tailbone up between your shoulder blades? I did. Skidoo Rocks
ledsled

What about those RX 1's

Postby nocatlikesnocat » January 9th, 2003, 4:31 pm

Is it too late to snocheck a rev? Do they take diesels on trade? Hey, you never know. People need somebody to pull the groomer in!
nocatlikesnocat

What about those RX 1's

Postby treewhacker » January 9th, 2003, 4:50 pm

Ledsled
I haven't noticed a hard seat, in fact mine is comfortable. I don't think it drives like a diesel, more like a Porche.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1278/a1ugly.jpg[/img]
treewhacker

What about those RX 1's

Postby Vineyard » January 10th, 2003, 1:52 am

I'm with you Treewhacker. Seat feels good to me. These guys kill me! If they only knew!
Vineyard

What about those RX 1's

Postby BANDITS SRX » January 10th, 2003, 2:17 am

Guys the rear suspension works good! All brand have good and bad points on the rear suspension. It is not a bump sled like a F7 or REV! It would be like buying a R1 to race MX!!! Please think just a little bit. The ski lift is less then the ZR800 that we ride with. 800/900 twins do not get good gas MPG!!!! Yamaha said 30% better the 800 2S. If the 800 gets 10 mpg then the RX-1 would get 13 mpg. If you both have 140 hp they will us GAS period. I was told by a dealer that the ski-doo 4S is around 20 mpg they have about 70 hp. I can tell by the comments most of you guys have NOT rode a RX-1!!!!
BANDITS SRX

Next

Return to Trash Talkers