Subscribe Today

Talladega demo derby

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Talladega demo derby

Postby zert » April 6th, 2003, 9:10 am

That was some wreck, 27 cars all at once. They still don't have anything for the ol' 8 car at that track. Hey Buddy, when is your boy Jimmy J. gonna learn how to finish a race? LOL
zert

Talladega demo derby

Postby SLEDHEADRED » April 6th, 2003, 11:41 am

Anoterh victory for JR, that makes it 4 in a row at Talledaga, he has set a record!!!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Talladega demo derby

Postby Xtreme XC » April 6th, 2003, 12:16 pm

LOL... I guess when other people stop bumping him and screwing him up he might be able too!! He has had bad luck almost every race except for Daytona this season. 2 blown motors, spun out by Marlin, spun out today by K. Wallace and caught a caution during a green flag pitstop at Bristol. But hey, after all that he's moved up from 5th to 4th place in points today. Been very consistant just a lot of stupid stuff has happened to him this season.

Happy to see Jr take it though. Even though NASCAR "slid" that black flag by him for going over the yellow line. They black flagged Park for the same situation? But they wouldn't dare do that to Jr with 3 laps left in the race... would've pissed to many fans off. Anybody else and they would've been black flagged.... and before anybody get's after me about saying this about Jr., just to let you know #8 and #48 are my two favorites.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Talladega demo derby

Postby zert » April 6th, 2003, 12:47 pm

I would have to disagree with you on the the pass Jr. made. He and Kenseth were nowhere near each other when the pass initiated. Kenseth was running up high and Jr. was low, Kenseth swung low and Jr. was already up beside him. The pass would have been clean if Jr. had just held his line, but he dropped a little further to give Kenseth room. Now if Jr. only had his nose up under Kenseth that would have been different and he would have been black flagged I think, but they were door to door when Jr. went below the line. My 2 cents.
zert

Talladega demo derby

Postby Xtreme XC » April 6th, 2003, 12:59 pm

I know he could've passed Kenseth, just that he did go well below the line. Personally I think the "don't go below the yellow line" rule shouldn't even exist. I guess what pisses me off about NASCAR at times is that their calls or so inconsistant. Look at how Gordon was screwed last week. He wasn't going necesarily for the lead but was racing for points against Bush. Bush should've been a lap down. The Pres. of NASCAR even made a column on nascar.com that he made a bad call...WTF? Now look at Nemocheck's crew cheif who will be out for 2 races because too short of spring was found on the car but Stewart's car was impounded but nothing happens to his chief.

BTW, did you see the words that were exchanged between Stewart and Bush at the end of the race?
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Talladega demo derby

Postby Mikeybac » April 6th, 2003, 1:54 pm

The race was good up until they let JR break the rules by going below the yellow line to pass....Not like i expected anything different....Or how about when Jr was about to get lapped and they threw the yellow for debris on the track....Coincidence????? Im not saying its rigged but i think Nascar does whatever they can to help Jr out...Or like my buddy says there just paying the Earnhardt family back for Dale Sr passing because of safety issue...Like a cover up???
They Call Me Tater Salad
Mikeybac

Talladega demo derby

Postby zert » April 6th, 2003, 2:28 pm

Mikeybac, that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever seen. The debris all over the track was obvious and they even showed it!! Anyone who thinks Nascar can be scripted is crazy, it just isn't possible. I agree with Buddy about the inconsistency in the officials making calls, but you have to cut them some slack over the Gordon/Busch deal at Texas. That had never happened before and they didn't know what to do. The fines and disqualifications sure seem to have a broad range though don't they. Overall I think they do a decent job.
zert

Talladega demo derby

Postby Mikeybac » April 6th, 2003, 2:35 pm

Ive never said it was scripted alli said is that it seems like nascar lets him get all the breaks and the calls...Its like watching Michael Jordan 10 years ago when he got every call and never did anything wrong...
They Call Me Tater Salad
Mikeybac

Talladega demo derby

Postby Icehole » April 6th, 2003, 3:16 pm

[url]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=5a0e4632-e6c5-2e26-3842-396839e06677&size=[/url]

Hey ward,Helton gave me the script for Dega and told me to pass it around.I change a engine,start from the back see,on lap 4 Ryan intentionly blows a tire and creates the big one involving 27 cars me included...ya gettin all this?We make 17 pitstops and run it back to the front ok.This is where you come in and help push me a little,then Sadler pushes me some,then I run under the line to give matt some room,and to create some hard feelins with JJ.I win...JJ whines about me being a big meany that raced him too hard,nascar clears me of any wrong doing,and its Martinsville next week where they're goin to have Rusty finally get back to victory lane....Its a fairly simple plan this week....make sure to tell the rest of the drivers.Happy can fill ya in on the details

*This Message was edited on 06-Apr-03 08:27 PM by Icehole*
Icehole

Talladega demo derby

Postby kenlacy » April 6th, 2003, 6:38 pm

They made the right call with JR in the race. That said, Marlin did the same thing earlier in the season and they black flagged him. Hopefully this is showing that Nascar knew they were wrong with Marlin and vowed to do it correctly after that. As long as they continue to follow a pattern, thats fine, but if next time someone is forced below the line and they black flag them - then I'll be a lot more critical.

Park deliberately went under the line - he was forced in no way.

Jr's - I can see why he went down, Kenseth started coming down pretty hard and I am sure Jr errd on the side of caution. Turned out Kenseth got it back right away and brought it back up, but if he wouldn't have, Jr would have been in some trouble. They are doing close to 200 mph at that point.

Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Next

Return to Trash Talkers