Subscribe Today

Let's talk TRUCKS for a minute...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby drifter7 » September 3rd, 2003, 5:04 am

OK, I was at the new F-150 training. They have a display called the tower of power. It is a tower built by Torquer Inc. that simulates a truck pull sled. The difference is that it's a stationary tower that has a 2000# weight hooked to a cable. As the weight is pulled upward via the cable(up to 23 feet), an electric motor applied pressure to a brake to simulate weight.

The Trucks.
Toyota Tundra, Chevrolet Silerado, Dodge Ram Semi-Hemi, and F-150. All trucks equiped with 3.73 axles, and the biggest V8 for a half ton.

The Results.
Toyota Tundra-11 feet
Chevrolet Silverado-8 feet
Dodge Ram-14 feet
Ford F-150-22 feet.

The Chevrolet got beat by the smaller and weaker 7/8 sized Toyota Tundra! Muuuuhahahahahahahahahah! No one could believe it, so they let all the trucks cool down and re-ran them. SAME result! I wonder what would happen if they hooked up a rock...?

BTW, if any of you have a chance to drive the new F-150, DO IT. It is an incredible truck.
drifter7

Postby SLEDHEADRED » September 3rd, 2003, 5:06 am

ON NOOOOO, NOT THE TRUCK SUBJECT-AGAIN!!!!!
Danm Ford saladsman anyways:)
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby RIGGS1 » September 3rd, 2003, 5:11 am

hey Drift, when those guys all go to lunch, go hook-up an old 7.3 diesel to the cable and pull the top off that mother truckin' tower. booyaaaah!
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

Postby MM700 » September 3rd, 2003, 5:13 am

Hey Drift..I have been in the new 04 ford F-150...it is a very impressive truck...however....there is a flaw in the test you spoke about....I believe the Chevy was an 03 so was the toyota,...the ford was an 04....HUGH difference if that is true...cause the 03 ford couldn't touch the chevy.......the 04 ford is a much better truck than their 03 was IMO.
MM700

Postby zrcat » September 3rd, 2003, 6:29 am

MM, you are a dick. The '04 chevy is not different than the '03. and YES, the '03 F-150 will out haul a Silverado NO PROBLEM. I have both trucks. Stop talking out your azz!
zrcat

Postby NorthernSkunk » September 3rd, 2003, 6:40 am

are you sure mm?? cause them yammie guys have a habit of comparin their new machinery to old machinery all over the net.
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby kenlacy » September 3rd, 2003, 6:42 am

So what size was the v-8 in each truck? Just curious, maybe some manus offer a much larger V-8 for their 1/2 tons than others. Not trying to make excuses for anyone, just like to see apples compared to apples.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby deadsled » September 3rd, 2003, 6:59 am

There is more to it than just engine size.

gear ratios. What is good for pulling a chunk of lead up a tower could be useless at getting a heavy trailer up a hill, or passing on a two lane

Tires - nothing here says whether they were traction limited, or horsepower limited. If traction was the limiting factor, which it usually is a low speeds, than truck weight, 4 wheel drive, etc, would make a difference. And if I am not mistaken, the weight advantage goes to Ford.

By the way, since the test was put on by ford, you can bet the farm that the test was designed to favor the ford. Dodge, Chevy, or Toyota could put on a test that their trucks would win too. Every truck has strong points.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby deadsled » September 3rd, 2003, 7:03 am

Oh yeah, one more thing, If Ford trucks are anything like Ford Tractors, There is up to a 10% power difference between different engines comming off the assembly line, and they just keep trying them all until they get one with numbers they like.

That is the difference between ford tractors and John Deere tractors, if anyone is wondering.

If a ford is rated 125 horsepower, it means at least one in 10 tractors make 125.

If a john deere is rated 125, it means randomly selected tractors always make 125.

I used to work for a Nebraska Tractor Test Facility, So the next time someone tells you their 125 hp tractor has more power than yours, they could be right.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

Postby MM700 » September 3rd, 2003, 7:40 am

YOu're the dick zr....Have you been in an 04 chevy...????If so where???...When???....Idiot!!!! (by the way there is a difference)
MM700

Next

Return to Trash Talkers