Subscribe Today

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby The Grand Poobah » November 3rd, 2003, 7:24 am

I was just leafing through a sledding mag at the news stand over lunch and came across a comparison test of the new 2004 600 cc sleds - I can't even remember which mag it was. The tests were done sometime this spring.

Anyway, I found a few things interesting...

The far and away winner of the comparison test was the MX-Z. Strongest engine and best handling, ergos, and fit and finish. The Yamaha was dead last across the board. All they could complement it on was it's nice sounding engine, but followed it up by saying it was by far the worst of the four.

But what I found interesting was that they said that, overall, it was a flip of a coin between the F6 and the Pro-X as to which is the 2nd best sled. On their tests the Pro-X got the F6 out of the hole consistently and the F6 would catch up very slowly near the top, but basically said it was too close to call, but they were both behind the Doo.

On handling things were very close too. Now, since the Poo is, as we hear on the boards consistently, a sled that hasn't changed in 5 years...how come Cat's brand new 600cc muscle sled can't whip the Pro-X? Polaris' engine is pretty much the same one that was introduced in '98 (with power valves), and it is neck in neck with the best Cat has to offer for '04? And what about the all new Firecat chassis? According to the test, the Polaris handling capabilities are virtually equal. How can that be? So if Polaris' dinosaur of a sled is as good as Cat's best new design it has to offer...I can only assume it's not going to be looking good for Cat next year. Just my 2 cents though!
The Grand Poobah

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby snirt » November 3rd, 2003, 7:32 am

hold on tight, grand poobah. there are going to be a herd of angry sheep heading your way.

inb4 the stampeed.
snirt

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby sledneck213 » November 3rd, 2003, 7:38 am

Hey i agree with you all the way poobah. i posted on here last year that i rode the f6 ad ran it against my '01 600 pol and that my sled had it out of the hole and it caught me in the long run. one of my good friends went and got the f-6 this year so i will have all kinds of info as the season progresses about what the sled does, how it handles, and if it can keep up with me!!

www.kubeckas.s5.com
sledneck213

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby BigDXLT » November 3rd, 2003, 7:39 am

"My cat's breath smells like cat food!" - Ralph Wiggum
BigDXLT

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby The Grand Poobah » November 3rd, 2003, 7:40 am

I have an '01 Edge X 600, so that's why I found it interesting as well. I never saw an F6 on the trails last year, so I never had a chance to run against one, but I'm sure I will this year...
The Grand Poobah

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby Snotcicles » November 3rd, 2003, 7:48 am

Hey the last thing I would want to do is mess up a good trash with facts, but you do know they gave the nod to the F-6 in the end, right?
And you also know that they would look pretty silly giving the overall to anyone but the Doo since they just named it soty the previous issue. Just leafin' through it, good one Pooh Baa.:)
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Snotcicles

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby The Grand Poobah » November 3rd, 2003, 7:53 am

Actually, I was just leafin'! :B

But the only reason the F6 got the nod was it is less expensive. My point remains that in real world testing, the sleds are dead even performance wise. So I have to ask again, why is Cat's best only as good as an ancient design and engine from Polaris?
The Grand Poobah

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby kenlacy » November 3rd, 2003, 7:56 am

Saw that article - they all liked the poo engine over the Doo's, Yami's and Cat's.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby snirt » November 3rd, 2003, 8:11 am

every cloud has a red lining doesn't it, ken.
snirt

F6 vs. Pro X 600

Postby RWL » November 3rd, 2003, 8:19 am

This O4' is better than that O4' & this O4' is faster Than thatO4' & this O4' is more reliable than that O4'! ....we are comparing SNOWmachines right? Then shouldnt we wait for SNOW BEFORE the judgeing? It's O3' & nobody has had the snow to really try out any! ....way to many uneducated individuals(morons)with input huh!:B
"on a still summer's night you can hear the ring's flake in a rotax engine" :o
RWL

Next

Return to Trash Talkers