Subscribe Today

Hey cheesy GM product lovers.......

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby zrcat » July 30th, 2004, 7:58 am

Just got my first "up-close" look atthe new GTO (stretched Grand Am). Gotta say it sounds nice. Has that nice V-8 growl to it, but the rest is another insult to the Icons of the past. It's a small car and it's very bland. Nothing at all to look at. Interior is very cheap looking except for the seats.
zrcat

Postby Mainecat » July 30th, 2004, 7:59 am

does it look like the "bar-o-soap" Impala?
Mainecat

Postby Icehole » July 30th, 2004, 8:07 am

I thought you Ford and Cat guys did'nt care what stuff looked like or how long it lasted as long as it sounded good?

Insult to the icons of the past????...lol...that sounds like somthin Yanni would say....you been hangin out with college chicks again?
Icehole

Postby SLEDHEADRED » July 30th, 2004, 9:29 am

Sorry to say, but what does Ford has to offer, in way of competition for the all motor car??
Not a danm thing, Ford sux, and if they couldnt put a Supercharger on it, they cant make no power.LMFAO.
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby MacDonald » July 30th, 2004, 9:41 am

I sell the gto's, They are bland but you would be hard pressed to find a better car with its performance for the price. I have seen the 05 gto it gets a 400 hp 395 ft/lb 6.0 l ls2 v8 with hood scoops.0 to 60 4.5 seconds. Motor trend said it has the most comforablr seats they have ever sat in. They aslo put it against a mercedes and the gto had the same or better performance foralf the price. It also won the drifter car race series in calif. Now if they jazz it up a little more and add a convertable we would be all set.
MacDonald

Postby ChrisXCR » July 30th, 2004, 9:45 am

Yep, you ford guys won't have many more chances to get an up close view of the GTO. For '05 it gets optional hoods scoops for those that want the retro look, dual exhaust out both sides in stead on the current one side system and the new LS2 with a 6 speed. That motor makes 400 hp without any help.

bye bye mustang. BURP!!!!:)
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Postby T'NT340rider » July 30th, 2004, 10:17 am

some other interesting things on the GTO, the only U.S. made part is the engine/drivetrain, the rest is made in GM's Austraillian plant.
Proud member of the Carhartt Clan Vintage Snowmobile Club.

-I am a 315er, and proudly support the other 315ers at www.315er.net fight for Wayne County, Webster Sucks!!
T'NT340rider

Postby Crackie » July 30th, 2004, 11:18 am

The new GTO looks like a honda civic.

Now...if you're talking 1968 GTO in candy brandy wine totally refinished with dual exaust, hideaway front lights-w/ scoop hood and leather interior-that's a GTO. Stuck over $15,000 in it and already gotten offers for $25,000 at the car shows.
If Jager was water and I was a duck,
I'd swim to the bottom and never come up.
But Jager's not water and I'm not a duck,
So slide me the bottle and shut the f*** up!
Crackie

Postby sledwrench » July 30th, 2004, 11:21 am

The looks are very generic. I guess I'm the only one that wouldn't mind an all steel 2 ton car wrapped in vinyl seats. Even the SS impala looked the part, low stance, big tires in the wells. I would rather GM went that route. After all, the goat wasn't a compact car, it was a bigg'n
sledwrench

Postby T'NT340rider » July 30th, 2004, 12:57 pm

I like the GTO. I like the fact that car makers are making V8 rear drive cars again. front wheel drive sucks, unless they are working with the rear wheels(4x4).
Proud member of the Carhartt Clan Vintage Snowmobile Club.

-I am a 315er, and proudly support the other 315ers at www.315er.net fight for Wayne County, Webster Sucks!!
T'NT340rider

Next

Return to Trash Talkers