Subscribe Today

Boost Bottle for my 02 Edge X

If you're looking for advice or if you have a tuning tip for your fellow snowmobilers, this is the board for you.

Postby X Marks The Spot » November 3rd, 2005, 4:12 pm

Anyone have a clue If the boost bottles starting line sells on their websites work at all or boost bottles period for that matter? How worth it is it to put V-Force Reeds in a sled, any rough idea on H.P. increase or how much better take off would be. Thanks
X Marks The Spot

Postby Long time cat man » November 3rd, 2005, 4:35 pm

That there oxygen in a bottle is some good go juice, but sure is hungry stuff when it comes ta eatin pistons. :(
Long time cat man

Postby 02 PRO-X » November 4th, 2005, 12:08 pm

The boost bottle will give you some extra throttle responce and zip on the low end, but not a huge amount. Same way with the reeds... Some guys will tell you that they both can make all the difference in the world, and some will say the opposite. IMO they will help, but if your engine is mainly stock, there will not be a huge gain.

Did you ever figure out if you want to re-gear it, or clutch it? The clutching, gearing, carb tuning and the above mods could make for a helluva fun ride.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints.

[img]http://img205.exs.cx/img205/6434/prox7cjsm5vm.jpg [/img]
02 PRO-X

Postby X Marks The Spot » November 7th, 2005, 4:26 am

02 pro-x

I'll be putting a differnt helix in the X, weights, springs, jets and starting line air box. As far as the gears go, I'm thinking I'll leave those alone for now. A guy that will be assisitng me with these mods use to work for polaris so I'm going off of what he knows will work.
X Marks The Spot

Return to Tech Talk