Subscribe Today

Ideas to make our sport grow?

Postby Ovals Forever » December 18th, 2006, 6:50 pm

We need sponsers but before we will get big ones we have to figure out how to gain more fans, until we have big numbers of fans the manufactures or sponsers don't have a good reason to throw alot of money at the sport, they go where the people are, the biggest bang for the buck so to speek.
There were some Nascar guys that were good friends with Flip Merwin, now if we could get some of those guys interested in this sport that would be great.
Just think half of our races and our biggest race "Eagle River" takes place during there off season, if we could get a couple of those guys to sponser a driver and talk about it on national television once in a while it would really help us.
Tony Stewart sponsers RC cars for Christ sake, maybe just maybe if someone started inviting some of these guys to Eagle River they might want to get involved in our sport.
I bet if Tony Stewart or Dale Earnhard was sponsering a driver the manufactures would want a piece of that wouldn't they?
We know that Al Unser and Dick Trickle have been to the Derby more than once, Trickle raced there for Yamaha in the 70's, so if we could get these guys to help us at least talk some of the Nascar guys into comming up and watching the derby maybe they would have some interest in it, and get the ball rolling.
The Deckers know Unser and Trickel personally and god knows who else maybe they could send some of these people personal invitations to the derby.
If we could get a few of these guys interested, this sport could go places it has never been before.

Unlike the the snowmobile manufactures, the nascar boys don't need snow in order to make money.
Ovals Forever

Postby TigorRacing176 » December 18th, 2006, 7:00 pm

I know Tony Stewart is interested in snowmobiles because every year he goes to Old Forge, NY for some event that is hosted up there. Even if Cat, Pol, or Ski-doo set up like 5 sleds(STOCKERS) for NASCAR guys to come race at E.R. that would make alot of people come out and watch that. Say they set the sleds up and whatever they can auction them off to a charity or people in the crowd to get them into racing. I mean it would beat riding on the top of a golf cart and getting hurt. But the Negative about this is if one of them wrecked during the race and injured themselves pretty good. Tony doesnt care what it is with an engine as long as its fast and he has a chance to get hurt. If any of the three manufactures wont put up a sled i know they can ride my 550 STOCKER. My idea if you wanted to involve the NASCAR guys into Eagle River.
TigorRacing176

Postby Ovals Forever » December 18th, 2006, 7:04 pm

Isn't Matt Kenseth from Wisconson? he must have grown up snowmobilling,
he must have heard of Eagle River, maybe he would be interested in sponsering a driver, these guys could really help this sport, but someone has to ask them first, we need to get them to Eagle River.
The manufactures are hurting from the lack of snow they don't have extra money to throw at this sport but the Nascar boys do.
Ovals Forever

Postby Ovals Forever » December 18th, 2006, 7:06 pm

I don't think we want them guys to race snowmobiles, we want them to sponser our sport.
Ovals Forever

Postby TigorRacing176 » December 18th, 2006, 7:09 pm

I understand the sponsorship but if you got them on a sled the crowd would be record size. Also it would help get other sponsors and money involved besides just the CUP guys.
TigorRacing176

Postby Ovals Forever » December 18th, 2006, 7:11 pm

If he goes to a race in NY can you imagin what he would think if the Deckers sent him a personal invition to E.R., I mean they know how to do things like this, they can put him up in a place to stay, they can put him in heated seats, introduce him to some of the drivers, hell just let your mind wonder.
If there is one thing the Deckers are professionals at it is being a good host.
Hell after the Derby they could take him for a snowmobile ride.
What ever just spoil the sh-t out of him make him want to come back with friends.
Ovals Forever

Postby TigorRacing176 » December 18th, 2006, 7:13 pm

My father makes parts for NASCAR the TIOGR SWITCH which cuts off the engine for a stuck throttle but i can talk to him when he wakes to see if he has any "friends" that can get people out there.
TigorRacing176

Postby Ovals Forever » December 18th, 2006, 7:13 pm

If they would want to do it hell I'm all for it, but first we need to get about a dozen of them to come to a big race like Eagle River.
I think it is fair to say that if you go to Eagle River and have no interest in it you probably won't have any interest anywhere else either, would you agree?
Ovals Forever

Postby TigorRacing176 » December 18th, 2006, 7:15 pm

I agree if they cant get into there or Valcourt then they will never get involved in anything like this.
TigorRacing176

Postby Ovals Forever » December 18th, 2006, 7:26 pm

I guarantee if all of a sudden snowmobile oval racing was the cool thing with the nascar drivers on there off season that would make other people check it out to.

And I'll tell you something else, all the people don't just tune just to watch a boring 3 hour race, they have there favorite driver and they want to know everything they can passably find out about that driver, it is a soap opera in a way.
They don't necessarily remember who finished where but they know what there driver did all day, if someone cut them off or sent them into the wall etc etc.
And if there driver says on national television Snowmobile oval racing is one of the coolest things I have ever seen, and I sponsor so and so he drives X brand.
Guess what there is going to be some people checking that out.

That is my opinion what does everyone else think?
Ovals Forever

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros