Subscribe Today

I-500 - why is Yam only good at one race?

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby F3600 » February 2nd, 2008, 1:51 pm

What about this race is different than Yamaha can actually compete and win at this event?

Sno-x - Sorry not a chance.
Oval - Nope.
CC - Not that either.
I-Dog - um no.

What keeps them from replicating this success into the other 99.9% of racing?
[red]POLARIS - If its in the race, its on top the podium[/red]
F3600

Postby FirstTimeCatMan » February 2nd, 2008, 1:58 pm

Bout 1 bump keeps outta da hunt at the other events.........
Yamaha sleds, the biggest black eye to carry the Yam badge in Corp history.
FirstTimeCatMan

Postby Icehole » February 2nd, 2008, 2:41 pm

bout 35 hp.....dem other series only welfare em 10-15, which as da facts show moves da hp ta weight deal pretty close but still ain't half enuff fer dem yam sh!t buckets to be competitive
Icehole

Postby NorthernSkunk » February 2nd, 2008, 5:50 pm

nuff said
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Postby Long time cat man » February 3rd, 2008, 2:32 am

Can you say 1 mile track??............... Can use all that extra HP on the straights while resting ta muscle it in da corners. Can't use the HP as much on the shorter tracks and havta spend more time fighting with it in da corners. Ain't that hard ta figure why they do well at the Soo and nowhere else. BTW.....our resident trasher board member Tyler Nichols on the #20 Turn Five Racing Polaris was outrunning em all early on in da race, but it wouldn't hold together for em and he dropped out in less than 100 laps.
Long time cat man

Postby Luv2sled » February 3rd, 2008, 2:58 am

why doesn't everyone just stop crying, any racer can run a Yamahs in that event.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby Icehole » February 3rd, 2008, 3:27 am

any racer not worried bout losin his integrity.....
Icehole

Postby mnsnowboy » February 3rd, 2008, 3:39 am

LOL! The only race dey can win...pin da flipper, no bumps, couple a turns. SKOL Big bump champs!

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

Postby Turn Five Racing » February 4th, 2008, 1:34 am

First of all thank you LTCM for the mention. We had a great sled but we cracked a head on lap 26 and after we fixed that I was making up some time and then locked it up getting into 1 and we just called it quits.
Even with all the power we had the 81 (Yamaha) was still faster down the shoot than we were, he just could not hang around the corners. As far as I am concerned the Yamaha Apex has no place in a 600cc class. That is why they are no longer allowed in any other circuit, everywhere else people have to run the Nitro, which is still an advantage but it makes a lot more sense. 3 out of the top 4 were Apex's and they have won 3 out of the last 3 this should open some eyes. I understand that it is a mod class but don't you think that we should all start out with basically the same power. Giving one sled a 20-30 horse advantage right from the start is just a little left of center don't you think. And yes we all have the option to run these things but I for one would not feel very proud to win it under these circumstances. If the win was to go to drivers it should have gone to the 16(Bunke) he out drove'em all, just did not have the smoke down the straits.
But congrats to the 3, it is a tough race regardless of the sled.
Tyler Nickels
R&R Racing #20 :)
Turn Five Racing

Postby xcphazer137 » February 4th, 2008, 2:21 am

Cory and Jim Wilson did a great job preping for the race. Its hard to beat the Knowlage and experiance of Cory. He sure knows how to get the job done. He now has 10 500 wins.
xcphazer137

Next

Return to Trash Talkers