Subscribe Today

NEW 2008-2009 An Oval series with the top ten tracks.

Postby Older & Wiser » March 22nd, 2008, 4:21 am

I would like any of the promoters from these races to please contact me. I will be back in the office on 3/26. If you would like to participate in the new series please give me a call.

If you know a promoter that does not use this site please call them and pass this on. We need to get this set up in the next 3 - 4 weeks to get the ball rolling.

Todd Achterberg 715-479-4424

Beausejour, MB

Rock Rapids, IA

McGregor, MN

OFF

Ironwood, MI Open for Eastern Guys / New Race site

Plymouth, WI Open for Eastern Guys / New Race site

Wausau, WI Open for Eastern Guys / New Race site

Garrison, MN Boonville NY

Fountain City, WI Burks Falls Ont

WSA Championships Forest Lake, MN Shawinigan QC

World Championships Eagle River, WI

EPT Championships Valcourt, QC

USSA Championships Weyauwega, WI Eganville Ont

CPTC Championships Beausejour, MB Haliburton Ont

Antigo, WI? Roberval Qc
Older & Wiser
Older & Wiser

Postby acheatertoo » March 22nd, 2008, 8:18 am

Mr. Achterberg are you telling us that you are going to sanction these races now? Am I reading this right, that you are setting the guide line for the series. USSA & Pro Ice are out? Is this going to be just like the last Millennium series that only one or two Teams win the Money? The rest can't afford to drive the whole series, so they are out.

OPINIONS COUNT
acheatertoo

Postby Older & Wiser » March 22nd, 2008, 9:50 am

This is set up by the promoters. We will all be part to promote our races. The details will be out soon!

TA.

We are moving forward! This is just the beginning.
Older & Wiser
Older & Wiser

Postby watcher » March 22nd, 2008, 3:46 pm

With my left eye, I read this from a promoter that wants to get all the oval promoter together, not to book the same weekend for the best of oval racing, put us all on the same page, work together, share ideals with each other, again the one sharing ideals might get hurt on sponsors but, all walk away with a smile on our face. Ovals are on the way back We are all going to be happy!

With my right eye I read, a promoter that going to have a 12 race snow cross series (that would be 2 weekends in Dec, 3 weekends in Jan plus 2 weekends for the derby, 4 weekends in Feb, 3 weekends in March. That would be 12 weekend for S-X and 2 weekends for Oval. Weather working for him) is this promoter trying to kill the promoters that book a Snow Cross program with an Oval Program? Look at the promoters that will be hurting by run by running a 12 race series in the Midwest.
1) Ironwood? 2) Plymouth, 3) Fountain City, 4) Weyauwega, 5) Antigo? 6) plus anyone new

Is there enough snow-cross racers left to fill WPSA (national, regional) USSA, IRACE plus anyone else in the Midwest???

Next year the promoters will be haven a meeting on not booking snow-cross race against each other!

Is this like putting a knife in the back of USSA? All the work they have done for the Derby!

LET FACE IT, ITS NOT TO MAKE ALL HAPPY AND WORK TOGETHER, IT IS ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR $$$$$$$$$$ THE STRONG WILL PREVAIL, THE WEAK GO AWAY!

MY TAKE ON THIS

watcher
watcher

Postby Ice Ghost » March 22nd, 2008, 5:58 pm

[quote=Older & Wiser]
Beausejour, MB

Rock Rapids, IA

McGregor, MN

OFF

Ironwood, MI Open for Eastern Guys / New Race site

Plymouth, WI Open for Eastern Guys / New Race site

Wausau, WI Open for Eastern Guys / New Race site

Garrison, MN Boonville NY

Fountain City, WI Burks Falls Ont

WSA Championships Forest Lake, MN Shawinigan QC

World Championships Eagle River, WI

EPT Championships Valcourt, QC

USSA Championships Weyauwega, WI Eganville Ont

CPTC Championships Beausejour, MB Haliburton Ont

Antigo, WI? Roberval Qc[/quote]

This is a lot like what Cory proposed for next year, right? I like it Todd. But,[b]*You might want to have a talk with the associations before you turn into the IRL though.*[/b]
Ice Ghost

Postby proton » March 23rd, 2008, 4:45 am

Please clarify if you could Todd...this oval SERIES as you say, is this another sanctioning body or is USSA and WSA involved in this NEW SERIES.

Thank you
D Dantuma
MIRA pres.
proton

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 23rd, 2008, 5:07 am

Looks like it would be a great series, and its sure to add purse to the champ 440 drivers. It would be nice to see twenty champs running each weekend, all trying to make the final for Sunday.

Proton my take on the series any sanctioning body could get involved with the new series if they wanted. You should give Todd a call if MIRA wanted to have a race or two in the series.

Watcher, I've heard talk on other racing sites lately USSA may drop snow cross and add vintage to their program each weekend. You here anything about this yet?
If that was true the Derby Snow Cross series really won't hurt the USSA.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby watcher » March 23rd, 2008, 11:10 am

at the spring USSA board meeting, they voted (i am not part of the board or committee)on leaving snow-cross on as part of there weekend and leave up to the promoter if they wanted vintage program. that is why i am saying it going to hurt both ovals and snow cross USSA program. hard to sell a show, but that is only my opinion.

watcher
watcher

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 23rd, 2008, 11:47 am

Watcher, I will agree with you if USSA is going to continue snow cross racing and the Derby has their big Series of Snow Cross racing it will hurt the USSA program. On another note I've heard the USSA has lined up a race in Iowa for next year too, have you heard anything about this?

Spy-Guy 74
Spy-Guy 74

Postby Xtreme22 » March 25th, 2008, 3:29 am

this looks like what WSA and USSA talked about and brought up and got alot of heat that it would not work on here. But now that the Derby says it its all good huh?????

I thought the "series" thing wouldn't work to much driving for people was the main reason.
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros