Subscribe Today

Champ 440 at Ironwood New Years

Postby kriegs33 » December 10th, 2011, 5:56 am

Big news, Ice oval racing will be in full force this coming New Years Eve at the legdendary Ironwood race track. I got a call last night that the Provintage Olympus group has agreed to offer Champ 440 at the PVR races in Ironwood. The race is December 30th till January 1.
Testing is offered by the Olympus group on Friday The 30th. Then Racing begins on Saturday Dec. 31 with heats and Semi finals. All finals will be on Sunday January 1st. Champ 440 is slated to run at exactly noon with PVR's Woody's Cup Feature race scheduled for 2:00 pm
To register you will need to go to www.provintageracing.com and sign up as a member. PVR staff has agreed to run the class and carries the insurance, paperwork, and on-line registration. The Details are still being worked out and will be posted soon in the next few days. Registration is Now Open on line. If you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch with me or my wife Joann.
Provintage RACING (PVR) would like to welcome the Champ race teams for this opportunity to showcase all years of snowmobile ice oval racing at one very premier facility. This will compliment the entire weekend of activities that the Provintage Olympus group has been working on to make the biggest show possible for the race fans.
We look forward to seeing you all there for some excellent and fast competitive racing.

Kriegs
PVR Ironwood Race Director
Kurt Krueger PVR Director
kriegs33

Postby kriegs33 » December 14th, 2011, 7:14 am

Hey there everyone. We are still working on the details to the Champ 440 race at Ironwood. It is a go for sure. Joann just added the online registration sign up last night for Champ 440. Entry fee is $100.00 each. It is 100% payback. We have added sponsors now who have purchased Checkered flags for all winners (compliments to Vintage sleds.oom, Hilmerson Rv and trailer, and Performance Concepts) then we have Cup Trophies for all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners with 1st being over 3' tall and a 3 post trophy, (compliments to Tony Ave Racing and the Provintage Olympus Group) As the Ironwood Provintage Olympus group gives me some updates I will post. This is a great opportunity for you guys to get out on the big track at Ironwood and put on great show which will add to our promoters weekend. We as a club look forward to having you join us and showing the Fans, Spectators, Promoter, And even more the Sponsors How we can all bring them one of the biggest events ever.

Kriegs
#33 PVR Ironwood Race Director
kriegs33

Postby 3springers26 » December 14th, 2011, 7:43 am

Don't forget the F500 class was also added to the schedule by the promoter.... spectators should get a very good taste of oval racing from vintage to late model On a VERY FAST TRACK!!!!! Kurt
3springers26

Postby Fontaine Racing » December 17th, 2011, 8:09 am

looking at the vintage sleds website.
doesnt exactly give you that welcome feeling?
Fontaine Racing

Postby 3springers26 » December 18th, 2011, 12:50 am

doug.....PVR is a vintage club......... the IRONWOOD promoter asked for champ& F500 to be added for this race only.. he has had requests from from racers for those 2 classes because it's an off weekend.. so it was added by the promoter... but they will run under our insurance& in our program for that weekend...kurt andrews
3springers26

Postby fastcat57 » December 18th, 2011, 1:04 am

kurt i don't think doug is saying anything about the promoter. He is just reading the post's on ur web. We all know what pvr is.
fastcat57

Postby joannk101 » December 18th, 2011, 2:20 am

I would like to welcome the champ drivers to Ironwood. It is going to be great racing with you and I think this is great that the two venues are working together. Our main goal is to make a better show for the promotor's, spectator's, and sponsor's. Lets put on a great show and have some fun racing. We would also like to welcome you to the Hurley Inn on Friday and Saturday night to mingle with the vintage group. Bring the wives and girlfriends Saturday night for a great New Years party.
Joann
joannk101

Postby 3springers26 » December 18th, 2011, 3:54 am

No problem.... I know doug well.... some feel PVR is added the classes to our program each & every week..& it has brought up a lot of questions about PVR races . ... just saying it's a promoters request @ IRONWOOD so we don't confuse everyone.. we are still a vintage race group..Kurt
3springers26

Postby kriegs33 » December 20th, 2011, 2:02 am

I just got off the phone with the Promotor IRONWOOD PROVINTAGEOLYMPUS group and they now have an extra Minimum of 500.00 added purse at this point. He said he heard from 10 champs already that will be there for sure. He also picked up
CORNWELL TOOLS DISTRIBUTOR Mike Thompson from Eagle River who has donated as sponsorship to the winner of the Champ class a $200.00 8 piece ratcheting Metric Wrench set. This will be given out at the awards banquet to the champ 440 Winner.
Provintage Racing is looking forward to having the Champ class with us at Ironwood. Go to www.provintageracing.com and register and see all the other details.

Kriegs
#33 PVR director
Ironwood Race Director
kriegs33

Return to Ovals & Enduros