Subscribe Today

buying a new sled

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

buying a new sled

Postby SnowmoMan_00 » July 13th, 2001, 7:48 am

hey everyone,

im thinking about buying a new sled this summer but i dont know what sled to get. Some say the viper will hang with the 800 twins but im not sure about that and i dont really like yamaha. i have ridden ski-doo pretty much my whole life and they have been pretty reliable. I've ridden my cousins polaris xcsp 800 and liked it but never got to see the top end. finally i've never ridden an arctic cat and dont know anyone who owns one. So tell me what u think.
SnowmoMan_00

buying a new sled

Postby pearson » July 13th, 2001, 8:03 am

Do yourself A favor and buy a new Viper, You'll get speed, handling, and especially reliability, and hang with all of those 800's and spend $500-$1000 less. Although with all of the new sled technology, anything you buy will be fine, I am just partial to Yamaha. Test drive a couple of brands and see what works best!!!!! Good luck!!!
pearson

buying a new sled

Postby MxZ MoonZ » July 13th, 2001, 8:09 am

Get whatever your little heart desires! I'm not saying Yamaha's bad or anything, but go with skidoo. They're always there for you. You'll appreciate the intense passion...Go for the YELLOW!
[yellow]The one[/yellow]...The only: [yellow]moonZ[/yellow]

[b]Eat. Sleep. Ridin' Ski-Doo.[/b]

Ski-Doo: Put something exciting between your legs.
MxZ MoonZ

buying a new sled

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » July 13th, 2001, 8:11 am

Dont listen to the azzhole pearson dude. He think the viper is thew baddest sleds out there. Get whatever you want pick a good dealer that will help you out with things. there all great sleds. Myself i love my zx800 well my 2001 als oahve a 2002 on order. The mxzx800 is the lightest in the 800 twin class and will run with all the 800 twins and is probably the fastest 800 twin out there but some would say the zr800 is. Dont get a polaris there slow ugly and from what i seen last year they had alot of problems like always. get a skidoo simple as that.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

buying a new sled

Postby pearson » July 13th, 2001, 8:23 am

I can't wait to smoke you next season bad ass!! I've smoked many a punk asses like yourself. Since you are in NY also, we'll have to keep in touch so I can meet you in Tug Hill and put all of your B.S. to rest, Don't worry , Big Moose Yamaha will give you a good trade in on your Ski-doo-I-wish-I-did'nt-buy-this-roach!!LOL....
pearson

buying a new sled

Postby SnowmoMan_00 » July 13th, 2001, 1:14 pm

Thanks everyone,

I think that i will stick with ski-doo because they havent let me down yet so i'll see what happens and what size of mxz i will get
SnowmoMan_00

buying a new sled

Postby SnowmoMan_00 » July 13th, 2001, 1:16 pm

Thanks everyone,

I think that i will stick with ski-doo because they havent let me down yet so i'll see what happens and what size of mxz i will get
SnowmoMan_00

buying a new sled

Postby SLEDHEADRED » July 13th, 2001, 2:02 pm

BUY WHAT YOU WANT, dont listen to the negative crap!
they all make good sleds, Polaris, in opionion, has what I like! Awesome suspension, and power!
Never had a break down in last 3 years! None, still running smae plugs in my 99 XCR 800! Will put new ones in this season. 2 years is enough!
Remeber, its your cash, so buy what you believe is the right sled!

SHR
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

buying a new sled

Postby SnowmoMan_00 » July 13th, 2001, 2:44 pm

hey bad ass,

what do you think of an 800 mxz for a littler guy because it is lightest and smallest in its class.
SnowmoMan_00

buying a new sled

Postby drifter7 » July 13th, 2001, 3:06 pm

By the Viper. you'll get ski-doo engine reliability, with twice the handling. Badass is one sided and buys what's pretty, kinda like the little bunny. LOL From my experience, the Yamaha's and polaris's are very close in riding feel. They have the trailing arm suspension down to an art, which for everyday riding, I think is the best. Cat's A arm is great for sno-x and jumping, but lacks ski stick in cornering and a "solid feel. The trailing arm design adds to the strong chassis feel, but you get a little more bump and scrub. Nothing to complain about, and much better all around "feel". If only Polaris could get the reliability thing figured out. They are getting better, but have a way's to go to get to the reliability of Yamaha and ski-doo. Cat does have a strong engine, but the Yami's have a better total package. Just read a few posts and you will see that most pick Yamaha as their second choice, after their "conditioned" first choice. You'll love whatever you buy, just buy one!
drifter7

Next

Return to Trash Talkers