Subscribe Today

Polaris people please explain

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Postby truth » August 7th, 2001, 3:17 am

you say the snowmobile magazines are not biased toward Polaris (even though they did get paid to do a promotional tape by Polaris)And what they have written since 1998 to the present on the 600 xp is the truth. The magazines and Polaris have said, every year since 1998 and in particular from 98 to the 99 model ( that is when they drop the iron block 600 non-exhaust valve and went to the new 600 exhaust valve engine) "that the new machines run better"(ie.faster). you also say that Polaris has not cheated at the snowmobile shoot outs(ie no ringers).
So explaine-97 600 X. C. 97 shoot out quarter-mile result 12.87 ET 96.15 mph (this one is the Iron block)
98 600 X. C. results quarter mile ET 13.54 mph 83.95
99 600 X. C. results for quarter mile ET 12.80 mph 93.94
2000 X. C. results for quarter-mile ET 12.82 mph 91.64
somebody is a liar some where! It is amazing what let's say a little gear changing, or maybe higher compression heads, or a little porting can do.
One thing is for sure notice the shorter windshield used at the shoot out on the Polaris. This is supposed to be stock and honest remember!
If you value your freedom thank a Vet.
truth

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » August 7th, 2001, 3:21 am

Who the hell gives a rats ass about polaris not me never have and never will.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Postby RyanMXZ » August 7th, 2001, 3:22 am

When you cheat, it will catch up to you ,and that's what those dumb polaris people have done.

They know they can't run with the others so they cheat, when they cheat they do even worse.
RyanMXZ

Postby ChrisXCR » August 7th, 2001, 3:35 am

1st, I've seen promo video's with mag people in for A/cat. I'm sure they've done it for Yammi and Doo as well. It's one of the little perks of working for a snowmobile mag. Besides who cares.

2. It's nice that you've kept all the mags that had the results of each shootout, but does it say in there what conditions were like? How was the snow? Was there snow or was it done on grass? What was the air like? Was it warm or cold? Did they use studs or not? There are so many variables involved year to year that it is not worth comparing. Nice try though.

BTW, What do you ride? I want to know !!!!!!
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

Postby revsteve » August 7th, 2001, 3:50 am

I am not sure why I am replying to someone as obviously ignorant as you are but here goes nothing. First off, the 97 xc600 was a triple. 98 was the first year for the big block 600 which was dropped in the XCSP in favor of the small block ves motor in 00. Secondly you are comparing times for these sleds without any consideration for track conditions,temperature or rider. If you want a fair comparison line them all up on the same day on the same track with the same rider.
POLARIS........KICK A$$ !
revsteve

Postby onebadrotax » August 7th, 2001, 4:07 am

truth , you must be a disapointed polaris rider.
SKI DOO IS BORN N BRED TO RIP AND SHRED!!!!!
onebadrotax

Postby SlapNuts » August 7th, 2001, 4:31 am

I'm trying to figure out which of the other 3 manufacturers he works for? Just ignore him, he'll go away.
SlapNuts

Postby Xtreme XC » August 7th, 2001, 7:20 am

Well Truth, first of your #'s are not matched to the correct years. The #'s you have for the '97 is the '98, the '98 are the '99 and so on. For 1 reason the "'98" (that you have marked as the '97) was in a lighter chassis and had a different head than the '99.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Postby SLEDHEADRED » August 7th, 2001, 8:04 am

MAN, you pizzin everybody off, so come on who are you? Really?
I agree that you might be a regular here using another name!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Postby d-man » August 7th, 2001, 6:13 pm

Where did you get your info-mation from?! Seriously Truth, I don't believe that the manus are paying off the magazines. If they do, PROVE IT!!!!! :) And another thing, compare the 2000 to the 97 XC's. The 97 has a higher top end at the end of the 1/4 mile, but a lower time. What gives?
A .05 second time difference, but a 5 mph difference? Would someone explain this to me! How can you go faster in the quarter mile, but end up having a worse time than a slower sled? :O

*This Message was edited on 07-Aug-01 11:14 PM by d-man*
HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY!
Lost your cat? Try looking in a salvage yard!
d-man

Next

Return to Trash Talkers