Subscribe Today

I sat on a............

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

I sat on a............

Postby Xtreme XC » September 13th, 2001, 3:06 pm

Viper, XC600 X and ZR800cce... Now that Skunk has turned in his report to us, it's my turn :)

As I was looking at the ZR8, I was able to see a great improvement in fit and finish over past years cat's. The guy they hired from Ski Doo (quality control dept?? cosmetics dept?? whatever) is doing a great job. Saw a '01 and '02 ZR8 side by side and there is a bid difference. Great looking sled. Sat on it, felt good, LOVE the handlebars....but do the floor boards have to be that big?? The seat seemed to be a bit on the hard side over the other 2 sleds (Cat isn't too good at making comfortable seats) but all in all very impressive over '01 and older cat's....should've been SOTY (sorry Baz)

Viper... when sitting on it, it honestly felt just like a Polaris XC. Almost identical with the exception of the handlbars. The handlebars, I think, are too narrow and the ergos aren't quit as easily accecible as Pol's. Cool lookin sled though.

XC600, it was a Blue X. Slick lookin sled, but maybe just a bit Too much with the graphics. I like the yellow accents though (I ordered a red X 800). Seat feels nice and soft, ergo's are right there for access with your left hand. Toe holds fit perfectly for me, again, similar with the Viper in how the "cockpit" feels. Handlebars are a little wider than the Vipers (I like better). While the Viper and ZR8's motors seemed to be packed in the Pol's engine compartment is fairly opened up. easy acces to just about anything. Fit and finish could be better. Gotta love that PPS suspension!!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

I sat on a............

Postby snoguy14 » September 13th, 2001, 3:22 pm

I hate to admit it but the blue x is a real pretty sled but it still ain't a doo!!!!!!!!
I'm not fast, your just slow.
snoguy14

I sat on a............

Postby NYSonic » September 13th, 2001, 3:32 pm

Errrrrrrrrr I can't wait to get mine!!! Should have mine paid by the end of next week. Tick tock,tick tock,tick tock.......
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

I sat on a............

Postby Xtreme XC » September 13th, 2001, 3:50 pm

Still waiting for mine...EEEERRRRR
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

I sat on a............

Postby XC-Rider » September 13th, 2001, 6:32 pm

I don't know what's worse, waiting for the new sled or waiting for WINTER!
XC-Rider

I sat on a............

Postby Paul_Aris » September 13th, 2001, 10:54 pm

I really like the wide running boards on the Cats. If you stand up when you ride as much as I do they will come in real handy. I have sat on all the 2002 models and I was most impressed with the Cat. By looking at all of the suspensions I would the say Polaris and Cat have it above the rest. There just seems to be a lot more travel on these two. I own a 2001 XC800 with the edge suspension and I can tell you it is night and day difference between that and the previous XC's. It smooths out a whooped out trail like you wouldn't believe. The Viper suspension doesn't appear to be much change from the SXr from the year before. I have rode the SXr and in situations where the bumps are big it about threw me over the bars. I mean this sled doesn't even have unequal lenght radius rods. As far as Ski-Doo. They are nice but still beat the heck out of you on the smaller bumps and chops. They are in need of some type of PPS system.
[img]http://www.gobigparts.com/Assets/Go%20Big%20Logorevb.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.gobigparts.com]http://www.gobigparts.com[/url]
Paul_Aris

I sat on a............

Postby NYSonic » September 13th, 2001, 11:39 pm

I agree Paul.. the wide running boards are nice. I stand alot when I ride so it would be nice to have. Polaris makes a kit to add to your sled for this, kinda expensive though. The raised handlebars are nice for stand up and jumping but I heard you better be in d**n good shape in the upper body when you ride. A buddy of mine logged a ton of miles last year on a ZR800 and then at the end of the season got a D&D sno-pro. He said after the first ride w/ that it felt like it was the first time out. I ordered a 1" riser w/ mine so I'll start from there. I'm sure someone like ZR would have no problem though.
There's a fine line between fishing, and standing on shore looking like an idiot.
NYSonic

I sat on a............

Postby pearson » September 14th, 2001, 12:18 am

Here's my input- You know how I feel on the Viper, I've had Yamaha sleds for 15 years so it fits me perfect. I did get a chance to check out a 02 XC700, was very impressed, this one had the Edge skid and it felt very stiff, foot placement was very comfortable. I thought the windshield was a bit high and straight, if I bought one I would probably take off the stock one off and get a cobra or something else low like I did with my 95 XLT. I went to our local Cat dealer with my buddy who bought a 02 ZR800 C.C. on the spot. Didn't sit on it but the graphics and fit and finish seemed much better than Cat's in the past. I'm not to sure about the green windshield but the rest of the sled looks sweet. I like that independent front suspension and deep lug track, should be a solid sled.
pearson

I sat on a............

Postby BANDITS SRX » September 14th, 2001, 1:10 am

Were do you ride that you stand on the running boards? We put on 250 miles per day avg. and yes I stand when crossing roads. I do like the wide boards but I don't think that it would be a reason to buy.
please tell me on a trail snowmobile why unequal length radius rods are so important.
In may opioion from riding many snowmobiles since 1965 you can tell almost nothing from sitting on a snowmobile. You need to ride it a min. of 50 miles before you have a good feel.
BANDITS SRX

I sat on a............

Postby bad-ass-zx800 » September 14th, 2001, 1:15 am

O hell waiting fro winter is worse than anything it sucks waiting and waiting. But when you have a new sled on order it just seems like it takes for ever for the dealer to call and say your new sled is in.I still have atleast till the end of november before i get the call and it SUCKS.What realy sucks is my buddy picked up his new mxzx600 last night.
[b]05 Black REV X 800
144 Woodys Signature Series Studs - 1.175"
C@A Razor Skis
Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6"
J@T Ceramic Coated silencer.[/b]
bad-ass-zx800

Next

Return to Trash Talkers