Subscribe Today

New DOO A-arms.........

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby zrcat » December 12th, 2001, 1:23 am

Anybody look closely at the spindle area? The whole spindle turns with ball joints holding it all together!! It might be light like that, but I don't think I'd trust ball joints in the bump and trash world of Sno-X.
zrcat

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby Edge X » December 12th, 2001, 2:01 am

i noticed that and it just goes to show ya that ski-doo really does suck, i dont thik that blair is goin to like his new team.
Snowmobilin........ I love this sport!!
Edge X

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby RotaxGuy » December 12th, 2001, 2:10 am

Do you think that the engineers at Bombardier know more than you guys? Just a thought.
RotaxGuy

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby ArcticEd » December 12th, 2001, 2:12 am

Naaaawwwwwww, that just can't be!
[img][url=http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ArcticEd/media/Bunny.jpg.html]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/ArcticEd/Bunny.jpg[/img]

Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the embarrassing by-product of horsepower.

F/O FUR
ArcticEd

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby Captain » December 12th, 2001, 2:18 am

Cat did that with the prowlers in '90. Do you think that Cat would still be using that design if it worked?
Probably, but they are not using it, so how smart are those "Bombardier engineers" now?
If they are going to copy someone, they could at least make it better don't you think?
Captain

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby RotaxGuy » December 12th, 2001, 2:25 am

Captain - Yep. You're right again. Ski-Doo is just now figuring out what Arctic Cat came up with 1990. Think about it. St Cloud getting any snow today?
RotaxGuy

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby Captain » December 12th, 2001, 2:45 am

Nope, the radar says we should be, but nothing. Just verga (not reaching the ground).
I don't mean they are just finding what Cat had in '90, but that is essentially the same design and Cat went away from it. For durability reasons. I know, I broke two of the d**n things that year! I am sure they have made changes and the components are stronger, but the design itself does not lend itself very well to strength and durability.
Ask Kirk Hibbert. It cost him the I500 in '91. Voila, in 93 they come out with the zr and totally new design.
Captain

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby zrcat » December 12th, 2001, 2:46 am

Look, I was commenting on the design, not the mentality of DOO's engineering staff. Although that design does show a bit of maybe how shallow thier pool is in the engineering dept. hehehe
zrcat

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby maxiracer » December 12th, 2001, 3:10 am

Shallow gene pool? Get real ZR, Bombardier will BURY cat if they want to!!! Remember F-1? Doo can outspend Arctco anyday of the week! If cat wants to raise the bar another notch, let em! Hibbert may be a genius, but he doesn't have the budget to build yet another platform to beat doo. Oh and BTW, doesn't cats aws 4 or 5 whatever it is, look a awful lot like the front end doo had on it's twin trackers and 250 single trackers from the late 80's and early 90's? Makes you wonder who stole what from who?
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

New DOO A-arms.........

Postby hugeair » December 12th, 2001, 3:53 am

Maxi, are you saying that Doo isn't burying Cat because they DON'T WANT TO?? Is this some kind of new marketing scheme or something?? LOL

*This Message was edited on 12-Dec-01 08:54 AM by HUGEAIR*
hugeair

Next

Return to Trash Talkers