Subscribe Today

Special Forces...

Want to bash brands? Go ahead on this board. Profanity, personal attacks or sexual references will not be tolerated and will be deleted.

Special Forces...

Postby PolarisIndy » December 19th, 2001, 5:17 am

Okay, I want to be in special forces. I know someone who is, and used to be on the scuba team. But due to some asthma (sp?) problems he is now off that team. Guess what team he is on now..... He is going to be trained to ride sleds. They have brand new RMK 800's to ride, he will be a certified Polaris Mechanic, and they where scheduled to go somewhere up in Alaska, but since there is not enough snow in that part of Alaska, so they are going to be heading to Western Wyoming after the first of the year. Lucky SOB gets paid to ride sleds.....

At least the Government knows enough to buy the very best...... POLARIS!!!!! hehe....
PolarisIndy

Special Forces...

Postby zrcat » December 19th, 2001, 5:47 am

Why praytell, would they need to ride sleds...I think you been tokin' on a big fat 'ol jibber...Or your friend has. Hehehehe.....Asthma at high altitudes, just as bad if not worse as underwater!!??
zrcat

Special Forces...

Postby Xtreme XC » December 19th, 2001, 5:49 am

Ok, how do you put a pic on your post????
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Special Forces...

Postby tcat2 » December 19th, 2001, 5:58 am

Funny you should bring that up. Several weeks ago I recieved an e-mail from a buddy of mine who is slated to go to Afghanistan. They had recently recitved 50, white, Specially prepared 4-stroke Arctic Cats, just in case they need to chase the Bad Guys into the Afghanistan Mountains this winter.
Aparently they need QUIET machines that get great gas mileage. Polaris might be the sled they use to "Train", but when it came down to a machine to fit the needs of combat, it looks like Arctic Cat fills the need.
Oh ... and before we hear about he "Underpowered" 4-strokes ... I doubt the Military sleds were the same as the "Civilian" version.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Special Forces...

Postby PolarisIndy » December 19th, 2001, 6:24 am

Yeah, your right zrcat. They could just walk through the 6 or 7 ft. of snow in the Afgahnistan (sp?) mountains.......... As far as the asthma goes, I don't know the whole story on that. He just said he had some asthma problems and was moved off the scuba team.
PolarisIndy

Special Forces...

Postby PolarisIndy » December 19th, 2001, 6:31 am

XC, you can use HTML in your signature. I have the pic stored on my web site, and in my signature there is a link to the pic on my site.

HTML looks like this:ooops it dissapears when you put it into a message........ oh well, email me if you don't know HTML and want the code.... @ craigmichelle@yahoo.com

You cannot use HTML in messages, only in the sig. you can however use the CFB code that is supported by the board software.

*This Message was edited on 19-Dec-01 11:34 AM by PolarisIndy*
PolarisIndy

Special Forces...

Postby SlapNuts » December 19th, 2001, 6:54 am

tcat2, you need to have an understanding of how the military works. The 50 white Arctic Cats with low noise and hi gas mileage can be compared to big fat recon or cargo planes. Slow, harmles, blundering and plodding along, just like Cat sleds. Then you have the 50 Polaris 800 RMK's that the special forces use. These are the fighter jets, the B1-B Stealth bomber, the Cobra attack helicopter. Or if your a squid by nature, you can compare the Cats to being like tankers, tug-boats and cargo ships verses the Polaris PT boats, hydrofoils and destroyers. Get the picture?

*This Message was edited on 19-Dec-01 11:57 AM by SlapNuts*
SlapNuts

Special Forces...

Postby tcat2 » December 19th, 2001, 7:11 am

Good try ..... But these ARE the special forces machines. Ranger to be exact. But you are correct in one respect. When Stealth is the issue ... they choose Cat.

Oh and by the way, Polaris has had a contract with the Military for a while. Too bad Polaris couldn't deliver when they needed too. Polaris could deliver the "Run Of The Mill Sled", But it Looks like the Government had to look elswhere for the newest technology for their specialty needs.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Special Forces...

Postby Xtreme XC » December 19th, 2001, 7:44 am

Those 4-strokes will get burried so fast... Sink like a rock in that powder.
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Special Forces...

Postby SLEDHEADRED » December 19th, 2001, 7:52 am

I believe thew will use the A/C machines to haul crap on, and use the POWERLARIS'S to chase the bad guys!!!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

Next

Return to Trash Talkers