Subscribe Today

ProX or XC

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

ProX or XC

Postby Spartan » March 6th, 2002, 4:07 am

Thinking of ordering a new ProX 800. I have not ridden a ProX, but I did ride a XC 700 (Edge X) last weekend and I liked it. What are the differences between these sleds. Is it a totally different chassis? You guys with the ProX 600's, did you like them this year. The only thing I am worried about is the ProX set-up to stiff versus the XC? Appreciate any feedback.
Spartan

ProX or XC

Postby Fast_XC » March 6th, 2002, 5:00 am

It really depends on how you ride. And you need to be honest here... The Pro-X will be lighter, quicker handling, and stiffer suspended than the XC. The XC will be a better trail sled for the average consumer, as it is more of a trail cruising, high mileage kind of sled. Although most won't admit it, they would be better off with the comfort and handling of the XC as the Pro-x maybe too twitchy and stiff for the average Joe.
Fast_XC

ProX or XC

Postby kenlacy » March 6th, 2002, 5:37 am

sorry double posted

*This Message was edited on 06-Mar-02 10:44 AM by kenlacy*
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

ProX or XC

Postby kenlacy » March 6th, 2002, 5:43 am

I ride an 02xc800 and have been on a pro-x. I am a very aggressive trail rider/lake runner and I think i'd like the xc for the long run. The higher handle bars on the pro-x would not be as comfortable to me when we go riding for 4-5 days and 125-150 miles at a pop. Also the high speed stability of the XC is more attractive. Same reasons you wouldn't want a firecat over a zr or a rev over an mxzx
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

ProX or XC

Postby ChrisXCR » March 6th, 2002, 3:10 pm

Yeah, you really need to honestly asses your riding style. If you love riding big bumps get the ProX, if you avoid ungroomed trails at all costs get the XC. If you somewhere in between, thats where you need to be careful and honest with yourself. The short "wheelbase" of the ProX is twitchy and it wants your full attention all day long. However they are awesome doing what they are meant to do. Its sort of a Cadilac vs Corvette.

You do get used to the high bars and they are comfortable even on the long days. I can't go back to a sled without them.
:p

For sale:
'01 [red]Pro[/red][blue]X[/blue]600

[b]REV 440 #600[/b]
ChrisXCR

ProX or XC

Postby PRO-X » March 7th, 2002, 12:10 am

Anyone find U.S. prices for the new Polaris's yet? Just wondering.
"Im not tailgating......Im drafting"
PRO-X

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum